Privacy & Security Policy
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for?(https://groundsforapeel.com). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing?
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for ?https? at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we?ll use this information to contact you.
Grounds For A Peel Composting Inc.
Service Contract for Residential Subscribers
Thank you for your interest in Grounds For A Peel Composting! Our mission is to collect and divert organic material from landfills, thereby creating a valuable resource for the local food community in the form of nutrient-rich compost. We aim to give local residents a means to harness the power of organic scraps; to give back to the community what we borrow from the community; to have fun; and to enjoy work. We strive to provide you with the best possible service and are committed to subscriber satisfaction. The following terms are meant to help us meet those goals and to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Check it out and let?s get started.?
- ?Who: Starting on the day of your initial drop (?Initial Visit Day?) outlined in your Welcome to Grounds For A Peel Composting Inc! email (?Welcome Email?) that is sent to you after you register for service at www.groundsforapeel.com (?Registration?), the following written obligations and responsibilities will be effective between Grounds For A Peel Composting Inc. (a.k.a. ?Grounds For A Peel?) and you (a.k.a. ?you?).?
- What Grounds For A Peel Will Do and When: Grounds For A Peel Compost will provide the following services to you:
- On Initial Visit Day, Grounds For A Peel Compost will deliver a clean compost bucket with liner and lid to your registered address.?
- The day we come through your community (?Pick-Up Day?) is outlined in your Welcome Email.?
- Every week as indicated by you in your Welcome Email, on Pick-Up Day, Grounds For A Peel will remove your full compost bucket between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m., leaving a clean bucket in its place.?
- You may request via our website or email 5 pound shares of finished compost at any point in time. Grounds For A Peel will provide finished compost each calendar year.?
- What You Will Do and When:Grounds For A Peel will pick up your compostable stuff and turn it into compost, delivered fresh to your door. Now here?s what you do:?
- You will place compostable materials in the bucket, including fruits and veggies; eggshells; bread, grains, and pasta; coffee grounds, filters, and teabags; biodegradable cafe? items; nuts and spices; napkins and paper towels; laundry lint; small yard clippings; and flowers.?
- You will NOT place noncompostable materials in the bucket, such as plastic, rubber, or anything else that doesn?t biodegrade during the composting process.?
- You will place the bucket full of compostable material at the designated location each Pick-Up Day by 7 a.m.?
- How Much:?Let?s talk money! The following outlines what pick-up and payment plan you selected.
- You promise to pay Grounds For A Peel pick-up fees corresponding to your choice of membership.
- When Things Don?t Go According to Plan:Sometimes things happen. Breakups happen, miscommunication results, you go on vacation. Here?s how to handle these ?what-ifs?:?
- ?If you want to end OR temporarily suspend your composting relationship with Grounds For A Peel Compost at any time, you must email Grounds For A Peel 14 days in advance. This ensures we can provide the best service to you, so help us help you by emailing before you take off. Any prepaid pick-ups will be refunded on a pro-rated basis.?
- If you cancel a pick-up within 48 hours of a scheduled visit, you will not receive a refund.?
- Either you or Grounds For A Peel may end this agreement at any time and for any reason with 14 days written notice.?
- Grounds For A Peel reserves the right to cancel service on any given day due to extreme weather, unsafe road conditions, holidays, and pandemic closures. You will be notified of such cancellation, and you will be refunded for the cancelled visit.?
- Holiday cancellations are communicated in advance, at which time you may choose to receive an extra bucket on the visit prior to the cancelled visit, in lieu of a refund for the cancelled visit. If you do not wish to receive an extra bucket, you will receive a full refund.?
- Grounds For A Peel will not provide ?make-up? pick-ups following cancellation. If you are a weekly subscriber, your service will resume on Pick-Up Day the following week.?
- Any matters relating to the cancellation or suspension of service will be made via email.?
- If there is any dispute over quality of services, timing of services, or any other compost pick-up-related issue that can?t be resolved by talking it out, New York law will govern.?
- Confidentiality and Warranty: Grounds For A Peel and its employees, agents, or representatives will keep all subscriber information confidential. Further, Grounds For A Peel will provide the services listed in this agreement and meet its obligations using the same or better standards of care used by other service providers in the area.
- Limitation of Liability:Unfortunately, Grounds For A Peel is not responsible for what happens with its buckets once you have them, so please be careful with them. Also, Grounds For A Peel is not ultimately responsible for the contents and use of the compost you receive. Though we are careful in our composting practices (including regular testing for heavy metals, removing noncompostable materials, and sifting the final product), it?s up to you to make sure that the compost is used appropriately for whatever you want to use it for.??